[wp-hackers] wpmu default blog/folder

Pixline supporto at pixline.net
Wed Mar 14 18:14:32 GMT 2007

Dr. Mike Wendell said:

> I thought it was actually hardcoded in a number of places I believe.

Finally found them. They are two, plus one in the database:

1) wp-admin/option-permalink.php
replace all "/blog" with your tag, say "/news", with your code
editor. please note the slash :-)

2) wpmu-settings.php
line 90 (in wpmu 1.1.1) : add your tag to the array ('news'), without
slash.

3) in database, into wp_1_options, change permalink_structure once,
then visit admin option panel to regenerate permalinks and htaccess
rules

> It's come up a couple of times in the support forums.

posted there: http://mu.wordpress.org/forums/topic.php?id=3672

I wonder how to make it a site-wide option, seems it need a patch and
not a plugin, disappointing.
I'm not sure if and how it can be made a hook.

Paolo Tresso
Freelance Web Developer
http://pixline.net