[wp-hackers] WP.com Stats Image

Alex Günsche ag.ml2007 at zirona.com
Wed Jun 20 07:36:51 GMT 2007

On Wed, 2007-06-20 at 10:57 +0530, Angsuman Chakraborty wrote:
> Normally a 1x1 transparent gif is used by most stat packages. WordPress
> likes to differ, why?

I don't know if it's intended or not, but I feel good about WordPress
using a visible image for tracking and doesn't hide away like others.
This way, a user knows that he is tracked, and can decide to protect his
privacy by blocking the image.

By the way, I don't block the image from stats.wordpress.org, yet I do
block anything from Google and their companies (Doubleclick, YouTube,
etc.).

Alex

--
Alex Günsche, Zirona OpenSource-Consulting
http://www.zirona.com/ | Hilfe für das HQ AC: http://www.prohq.de