[wp-hackers] WP.com Stats Image

Lloyd Budd lloydomattic at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 01:41:50 GMT 2007

On 6/18/07, DD32 <wordpress at dd32.id.au> wrote:
> My guess is that the stats mechanism on wordpress.com relies on the
> Thats how the stats it generates requires no extra load on the blog
> server, and how it works when caching plugins are installed.
>
> I was a bit perplexed at first when i noticed this rather large smiley
> face in the footer of my blog (was on a really low res screen at the time).

You are correct.

You can hide the smiley if you like
Just don't use display:none, try this code:
img#wpstats{width:0px;height:0px;padding:0px;border:none;overflow:hidden}
http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/stats/faq/

--
Lloyd Budd | Digital Entomologist | | Skype:foolswisdom
WordPress.com | WordPress.org | Automattic.com