[wp-hackers] Re: Please Help: Gallery2 Rewrites and Wordpress Pages

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Tue Jul 10 16:09:26 GMT 2007

Hmmm... Let me try this again...

On 7/9/07, ozgreg <wphackers at galleryembedded.com> wrote:
> 1. no /photos/images does not exist in either Gallery2 or Wordpress it is a result of the Gallery2 rewrite rules.

Rewrite rules which you failed to post...

> 2. I  had already posted the Gallery2 rewrite rule in question in my first post.

And I didn't understand the point of that rule then either. It doesn't
do what you say it does or like your example makes it out to be.

> it is pretty complex to overlay Gallery2 within Wordpress

No, actually, it's not all that hard... It might be difficult to do as
a plugin, but then I don't really know, I have not tried to make a
nice automated plugin out of it.

>and getting all these events to work within a internal Wordpress Page
is proving problematic.  I be happy to take anyone through the
concepts if you are interested you can contact me via the WPG2
forums..

Well, I'll pass then. I really would have preferred it if you would
describe the setup in more detail here. It sounds to me like you're
doing things the extremely difficult way, and I'm was trying to
understand how you're doing it and why. But if you're not actually
interested in discussing it, then that's fine too.