[wp-hackers] User folders for themes, plug-ins

Steve Lewis stevelle at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 16:31:02 GMT 2007

On 1/18/07, Charles <lists07 at wiltgen.net> wrote:

> > [Steve]  It *can* be written.  It can work cleanly.  It can improve
> > the application.  Charles, I guess I'm signing on to help.
>
> Excellent!  I'll do whatever I can, too.  I'm more of a PM-type than a
> coder, but I know enough to be dangerous.   :O)   Time for me to spend
> some
> cozy time with the source...

I'm a good coder, and I have been rooting around in WP code for a couple
years now, authoring custom plugins, themes, and a couple hacks.  I can do
all the work, but wouldn't by any means refuse the chance to collaborate.
The /most/ important part of this feature is it's design.  Should we allow
the path to be configurable?  Should we allow it to be outside the webroot?
What security implications does that introduce?

--
SteveL