[wp-hackers] MySQL Version Bump

Ryan Boren ryan at boren.nu
Thu Jan 11 22:49:54 GMT 2007

After much discussion on this list and with various hosts, I think this is
the plan.  2.0.x will continue to work with 3.23.23 or greater.  2.1 will
require 4.0 or greater.  2.2 will require 4.1 or greater.  There were
several requests for a longer lead time before requiring 4.1.  Delaying the
bump to 4.1 until the 2.2 time frame should be enough heads up.  Since
2.0.xwill be maintained for a good long while, it is always an option
for those
who can't or won't upgrade MySQL.

Sound good?  If so, we can make an announcement to let folks know what is
happening.

Ryan