[wp-hackers] Bug in wordpress.org site search

spencerp spencerp1 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 27 02:09:00 GMT 2007

Callum Macdonald wrote:
> Following up my own post, I also can't access the second page of
> results, and if I try a search then click the search button again
> (effectively repeating the search) I get back to "no results found".
>
> I'm resorting to using a Scroogle site search instead.
>

> C.
>
> Callum Macdonald wrote:
>> G'day,
>>
>> When I enter a search on this page and click submit, I get no results
>> found:
>> http://codex.wordpress.org/Main_Page
>>
>> However, if I search from any other page on the codex, I get results.
>>
>> Yet both searches take me to the same results page:
>> http://wordpress.org/search/permalink
>>
>> Does anyone else experience the same behaviour? I've tried a few
>> searches recently and was surprised to find no results, I think this
>> explains why.
>>
>> Is there a bugzilla or such for the site? Should I report this
>> somewhere else also?
>>
>> Cheers,
>>

>> Callum.

Yeah, sigh..That's one of the main reasons why my "support giving" in
the forums went down the toilet. Why, because the search just never
seems to work! That's the main tool I use when helping people on the
forums, take that away from me, and it's like a blind person trying to
drive a car...

Sadly, that's why I just haven't been to the forums to help lately...
Don't get me wrong though, I'll still help here and there... but, PLEASE
FIX THE SEARCH!! AND KEEP IT FIXED!!

--
spencerp
http://spencerp.net