[wp-hackers] WP & MVC

howard chen howachen at gmail.com
Sat Feb 24 11:42:42 GMT 2007

Firstly, I think there is no need to port WP to another language,
since PHP is already the most popular web scripting language and will
continue to be. And rewrite to another language will even take more
time then refactoring.

PHP4/5 class level supports, in fact is not that bad, if you look at
codes of another PHP Blog such as LifeType (www.lifetype.net), their
codes are pretty well written,  using modren MVC OO approach, I think
WP can learn from that.

My point is: If you are talking about BLOG, what is a BLOG?

in fact, the core functions of a BLOG (post, comment, trackback etc)
are already here, most plugins are just bonus. We could think about
smooth transition from the core first.

howa