[wp-hackers] Improved Ozh WordPress Version Info Tool

Jacob wordpress at santosj.name
Tue Dec 25 00:31:29 GMT 2007

Jacob wrote:
> After two days, I've completed a version of Ozh tool that improves on
> the information and supplies information for constants, globals [1],
> functions, methods, classes, and properties. The tool is an attempt to
> improve the @since tags in WordPress inline documentation.
>
> I'm not ready to give up the source and URL yet, but expect to hear
> something after Christmas.
>
> Ozh's sexy tool just got sexier.
>
> The code will be posted for anyone that wants to take a look at the
> tokenizer and regular expression code. Just need a few more days to
> test it out and do some other things.
>
> [1] Tokenizer is a bitch. Complete and straight up bitch. In the
> prototype, I started to create a blacklist, but soon realized that a
> white list would be a better approach. In that attempt, I found that
> false positives for globals were being created and not relying on the
> block level code. Therefore the globals are strict global variables
> with the syntax "global $var1, $var2, ...;". Another way of putting it
> is that even through top level variables are technically globals, they
> aren't going to be included in the list unless a function uses them.

I was finally able to finish and fix the last known bug. If anyone wants
a preview it, they can download the package [1] and either upload it to
their host or use it with any AMP installation. It should run on PHP 4,
but I have not tested it with PHP4. I will not support PHP4. The pages
can be slow, very slow depending on if you go to the fulllist.php or
just index.php. Dependent on wordpress.save. Using the API, you should
be able to build an importer for adding the information to a database or
to WordPress.

Thanks you Ozh for the inspiration!

Oh yeah. Does not include the tokenizer code, just has the display. The
code is dual licensed BSD and GPLv3, but you can whatever you want.
Still considered a work in progress, let me know if any classes did not
come out right.

[1] http://www.santosj.name/wp-version.zip

--

Jacob Santos

http://www.santosj.name - blog
http://wordpress.svn.dragonu.net/unittest/ - unofficial WP unit test suite.

Also known as darkdragon and santosj on WP trac.