[wp-hackers] Class/Function/Variable overview

DD32 wordpress at dd32.id.au
Sun Dec 9 23:27:27 GMT 2007

On Mon, 10 Dec 2007 04:26:23 +1100, Pixline <supporto at pixline.net> wrote:

>> http://dd32.id.au/files/wordpress/wp-2.4-variable-report.html
>>
>> While this message is mainly for people with interest to look
>> through, I'd also welcome any suggestions as to what should also be
>> included and whatnot.
>
> Amazing work, DD32! I think that resources like this will increase the
> overall knowledge of WP code.
> I think that would be great to have for every functions two more things:
> - the file name you can find that function declared
Hover over the row of any custom function and it should tell you where its defined(in a tooltip or the status bar)

> - the file(s) where that function is called
Thats a good idea, i'll jot it down :)

The other option i was going to include was perhaps somehow to show the function in-line, and have links defined on any functions within to their definition.

I'd also like to work in the WordPress versions where functions were added, so i can perhaps run it over plugins too, allthough plugins will have need for extra checks rather than just a function existing.

Thanks for the praise too :)