[wp-hackers] Re: SMF Integrator (A WordPress 2.2.2 Plugin)

Curt Woodard clwoodard at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 13:27:34 GMT 2007

> * Curt Woodard (clwoodard <at> gmail.com) [070827 08:34]:
> > I went ahead and kept the usermeta table because it stores stuff that
> > is WordPress specific from plug-ins and the like.
>
> I'm unfamiliar with SMF; is there a risk that a user_id is recycled
> getting an ex-user's capabilities?
>
> Ciao!

There is that possibility, especially if WordPress has more than one
user when the SMF Integrator is installed. Perhaps I can clear out old
user capabilities the first time someone from SMF logs in... *ponder*
I'll have to check on that.

This is mainly WordPress's fault anyway since they use more than one
table to handle users, but then again, to make the users table
dynamically increase it's RELVAR when new data is added makes things a
bit squirrelly... heh

I'll look into that, perhaps I could introduce a new usermeta table so
that the old usermeta isn't overrun... but that's going to be easier
than the mapping of SMF stuff over to WP... heh

Thanks for brining this up. Since I only have one user (me) I didn't
think about this... *sigh* and I still have to test the LJ posting
stuff...