[wp-hackers] Sharing Users/authentication

Stephen Rider wp-hackers at striderweb.com
Sat Aug 25 03:22:14 GMT 2007

Two blogs on the same database.  In fact, I'm trying this on a test
setup that has the same Users and passwords in each.

The main blog (that is, the blog that uses the table prefix in
question) is unchanged -- I didn't change the wp-config since it
already looks at the right tables.  The second blog (that uses a
different prefix) has the new defines in its wp-config file pointing
to the tables of the first blog.

I'll do some digging into exactly what happens during the
authentication, but I can't imagine why this would not work....

Thanks for the info so far.. :)

Stephen