[wp-hackers] Third Party Widgets

Aaron Brazell abrazell at b5media.com
Sat Apr 28 04:14:27 GMT 2007

I have a question.

What on earth do widget developers have to do to make their widgets
available for the new widget system? IOW, it's no secret I run trunk.
No big deal. I ask for breakage and that's fine. As soon as widgets
were brought into the core, all custom widgets became unavailable.
They are active as plugins. But unavailable on the widget page
itself. It might be okay if thats the only place they were
unavailable because, hey, who really wants to move widgets around
anyway, right? But they aren't displaying in the sidebar of the blog
either. In fact, the only widgets available to me are the stock
widgets which is relatively okay.

Again, I don't ask for a lot except I admit to asking for a broken
blog. No problem. But what do those of us who WRITE widgets, say, for
large blog networks with widgetized themes (:grin:) do to prepare for
the WP 2.2 release?
--
Aaron Brazell
Director of Technology, b5media