[wp-hackers] Re: 2.2 release

ozgreg wphackers at galleryembedded.com
Thu Apr 19 00:56:36 GMT 2007

m at mullenweg.com wrote:
> Let's create a 2.2 branch and start removing the current tagging
> implementation. I'll announce on my blog that 2.2 will be delayed.
>
> Based on how long it takes to extract and test a tag-free 2.2 we'll aim
> for either the 30th or May 7th best case, depending on how many people
> help out with the process. Ryan will also look at bringing back widgets
> as an easy, tested, and already-popular feature that will sex up the
> release.

Instead why don't we push back WP 2.2 until June, rather than pulling out code and instead release both options (widgets and Tags) together.  What is the downside to pushing back on the release date, other than it is not going to fit into our published schedule, are we really pressured to release?? or instead take the time to roll in both features and be happy we got them right and release a really solid build that is going to have a WOW I want to upgrade NOW appeal..

WPG2 Installation, Operation & FAQ Documentation (http://wpg2.galleryembedded.com/)