[wp-hackers] SemButtons

Elliotte Harold elharo at metalab.unc.edu
Mon Apr 16 19:04:02 GMT 2007

With the help of various people here I have now written a plug-in that
reconfigures the WordPress non-WYSIWYG editor button bar to my liking:

http://www.elharo.com/blog/software-development/web-development/2007/04/16/sembuttons-my-first-wordpress-plugin/

It removes some buttons, adds a few new ones, and changes the names of
some others.

It is an unbelievably hackish piece of work, and I'm a little astonished
it works at all. PHP, JavaScript, and CSS are mixed freely but it works
in Firefox and partially in Safari. I haven't tested other browsers yet.

I'm not sure how useful this is to anybody else. because it's really
geared toward my own idiosyncratic markup style. However I would
appreciate hearing from anyone who can figure out how to improve the
code. It would never have occurred to em to do some of the things I did
without suggestion from the folks here. One of the goals is to provide
an interface that would allow end-users to customize their own button
bars without having to hack the code.

Thanks!

Elliotte Rusty Harold  elharo at metalab.unc.edu
Java I/O 2nd Edition Just Published!