[wp-hackers] A new category structure for WordPress

Robert Deaton false.hopes at gmail.com
Sat Apr 14 23:05:02 GMT 2007

On 4/14/07, Knut-Olav Hoven <hovenko at linpro.no> wrote:
> I just wrote a ticket on trac that describes what I think is a better way to
> handle categories than what we have today, especially since tags more and
> more take over for categorizing posts.
>
> The ticket is to find here:
> http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/4148
>
> Basically it describes using pages as a parent/category for posts and only one
> per post.

A _strong_ -1

Quick, concise reasons:
- Pages aren't containers for posts
- Assigning to multiple categories is essential
- Tags are not a replacement for hierarchical category structures

"especially since tags more and more take over for categorizing posts."
Something is wrong with that statement.

--
--Robert Deaton
http://lushlab.com