[wp-hackers] Detect if a plugin is calling function

Alex Günsche ag.ml2007 at zirona.com
Fri Apr 6 18:22:33 GMT 2007

On Fri, 2007-04-06 at 11:15 -0700, Ian Beck wrote:
> I need to find a way to have Category Access check whether or not a
> local plugin is asking for post/comment content, and bypass the
> security measures.  Does anyone have suggestions for how to detect if
> a plugin is asking for the post content, or have suggestions for
> other workarounds?

You could hook in before the other plugin, the add_action() and
add_filter() hooks provide an optional parameter to define the plugin
pririty. Plugins which don't use this parameter have a default value of
10. Yours could use 7 or something.

Cf. http://codex.wordpress.org/Plugin_API

Regards,
Alex

--
Alex Günsche, Zirona OpenSource-Consulting
http://www.zirona.com/ | Hilfe für das HQ AC: http://www.prohq.de