[wp-hackers] Plugin Update Checker

DD32 wordpress at dd32.id.au
Tue Apr 3 08:37:35 GMT 2007

I've put a Summer of Code project proposal in for that idea..
Plus a few other things in there,
I've allready started working on related parts of it, and plan on
releasing something even if my proposal isnt accepted.
I'm planning on having it being able to automatically install most
plugins/themes, and checking updates periodically automatically.

At present i've got the Plugin search/theme search integrated into WP, and
am working on checking for updates now.
So i've allready got a good start on it.. If anyone is interested in
developing something themselves as well, i'd appreciate if they were to
get in touch with me, mainly so that if multiple plugins are developed,
that we all follow some basic "rules" (ie. how to check for update, Where
to check, etc)