[wp-hackers] Login issues and Logging

ryan fitzer ryanfitzer at gmail.com
Fri Sep 22 22:32:38 GMT 2006

I've seen this problem when frames are used. For example, when WP is
installed in a subdirectory (/wordpress) and then a frame is used to view
the directory from an index.html file in the root. With FF on my Mac it has
not been a problem though. I've only seen it happen on IE6/Win (that's all
I've tested).

On 9/22/06, Jamie Holly <hovercrafter at earthlink.net> wrote:

> >> As some
> >> of
> >> has got
> >> me
> >> but the
> >> login.
> >> He
> >>
> >> In case you hadn't thought of it, and off the top of my head,
> >> disabling
> >> cookies could cause this.
> >>
> >> Owen
> >>

> > Been there, done that. It's not cookies. We've done all the obvious
> > things.
> > Cookies, cache, etc. Nothing. Of course, I can't _look_ at the system
> > because we're all remote, so I'm basing that on her say-so.
> >

> No plugins that I know of, and I doubt there really are for security
> purposes. The best option I can think of is to back up wp-login, then add
> small section into it to write the login information to a file in a
> password
> protected directory on the server, then get them to try. That will give
> you
> an idea of the password and username. Try to get it so that you can put
> this
> in and have them login in a small time frame, so that you can revert back
> the original wp-login.
>
> I have had the same problems in the pass with MAC users. One case was the
> person not entering the login information with proper case. Another was a
> cookie issue. Some program they were running was preventing the cookie
> from
> getting set and they ended up having to put the site as a trusted site (or
> whatever it is MAC calls it LOL).
>
> Jamie Holly
> http://www.intoxination.net

Ryan Fitzer