[wp-hackers] [Pretty OT]May I be the first to console Owen...

Kimmo Suominen kimmo+key+wordpress.c4f53f at suominen.com
Sat Sep 16 05:43:35 GMT 2006

On Fri, Sep 15, 2006 at 09:25:02AM -0400, Brian Layman wrote:
> >Strange coincidence, I lost all the data on my VPS last night when a
> >RAID array died.
> So, Something Unpredictable is gone too????
>
> Ok. Now in my experience, RAID is now 0-5 in recovering from failures.

Ok, so I lost a drive on one of my 3ware RAIDs about two years ago.
I replaced the drive (with a larger one -- couldn't find the same old
small size anymore) and the RAID rebuilt happily and everything still
works today.

Just to even the score a bit ... :)  (Also, seems to have been the case
that Owen's and Robert's RAIDs were the exact same one.)

Best regards,
+ Kimmo
--
<A HREF="http://kimmo.suominen.com/">Kimmo Suominen</A>