[wp-hackers] WP Auto-Save drafts causing slight havoc with myplugin

Andy Beard list.andy at gmail.com
Sun Oct 22 06:11:49 GMT 2006

David Chait wrote:

> This seems awfully tangential... wasn't this discussion about auto-save
> basically bypassing many plugins?

Not really, the data handling of draft posts is pretty similar, which was
why I mentioned it.

David Chait wrote:

> In any case, if you're doing an ebook, and pagination is constantly
> changing, why isn't it a single post/page with pagination tags (i.e.,
> nextpage)?  Or some form of auto-pagination, with special tags only when
> needed.  Then again, I don't think editing a 400-page ebook through
> wordpress is necessarily a great idea... ;)

This is going off track now slightly ;) The way it works isn't far removed
from using more tags, there is an automatic pagination mode, but the
resulting content is published as nested pages (book >> chapter >> page).
Other ways were considered and then rejected mainly from an seo point of
view, but also ease of inplementation and editing of content.

Wordpress is going to work well for this application, once a book is
imported, with the automatic pagination (and other automatic includes), each
page can then be edited individually, or reprocessed as a multipage tagged
document

But back on track.

If someone was to make a post split over 50 pages using more tags, how would
the autosave cope with it?