[wp-hackers] alternative database support

Alex King lists at alexking.org
Tue Oct 10 20:15:39 GMT 2006

Forking is part of Open Source - if the core product is (for whatever
reason) not willing to satisfy needs/requests that people have, they
can choose to do so themselves. You may not like this and/or disagree
with what they are talking about doing - that is your right.

All I'm saying is that if the folks that want PostgreSQL/SQLite/etc.
all work together on an ADOdb port, this work can benefit and be
leverages by others. I think that having a single fork around
additional database support is a lot better idea than a fork for each
database type.

Cheers,
--Alex

Personal   http://alexking.org