[wp-hackers] (no subject)

Computer Guru computerguru at neosmart.net
Sun Nov 19 05:13:00 GMT 2006

Wow....

@Craig: I'm afraid you're a bit wrong there, it's not a auto-reply.
It's a stupid pre-generated message. The difference is, this is more
blatantly annoying. One of them comes out as a REPLY when an email is
received. The second is actively sent out to all members on your
contacts list - this is the latter.

MailMan, the mailing list software, can and is very good at filtering
out properly formatted and RPC-compliant auto-responders. For a while
when I was moving, I had an auto-responder on my email that would send
a message like this as a response to the first email I received from
each email address every 3 weeks until turned off. Of course, I didn't
unsubsribe from WP-Hackers during that time, but neverthless my "spam"
didn't reach the list because I properly formatted the auto-replies.

But this - it's just so damn annoying. He *picked* to send it to us!!!

On 11/19/06, Aaron Brazell <emmensetech at gmail.com> wrote:
> Someone could call him. :-)
> --
> Aaron Brazell
> Technology Architect, b5media
> "A Global New Media Company"
>
> web:: www.b5media.com, www.technosailor.com
> phone:: 410-608-6620
> skype:: technosailor
>

> On Nov 18, 2006, at 11:14 PM, Craig wrote:
>
> > DAMMIT...CAN THE AUTORESPONDER FOR MAILING LIST STUFF DUDE!
> >

> > On 11/18/06, enrique at parerodesign.com <enrique at parerodesign.com>
> > wrote:
> >>
> >> I will be on vacation starting on Saturday, November 18 through
> >> Sunday,
> >> November 26. I will be back at work on Monday, November 27. While
> >> I am away
> >> my email will be monitored and replied to if necessary by Rolando
> >> Bojorquez,
> >> Javier Paz or Anil Natha.
> >>
> >> Because I will not have a computer available while I'm away, the
> >> only way
> >> to reach me if necessary will be by cell phone at 562-322-6890.
> >>
> >> Thank you and have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Computer Guru
Founder
NeoSmart Technologies
http://neosmart.net/blog/