[wp-hackers] Revamping the <!--nextpage--> Pagination Function

Andy Beard list.andy at gmail.com
Thu Nov 9 07:36:17 GMT 2006

Lloyd D Budd wrote:

> What I was referring to was an owner's rights to copyright license and
> additionally license their own work as they desire. That is what makes
> your statement "if I release something as GPL, I might not be able to
> use the same code in a non GPL product" absurd.
>
> I have had the (unfortunate) experience of working with lawyers and
> area experts on complex (GPL) licensing related to Firefox and Flock.
>
> The details you provide are in response are different matters, and
> outside of my interest. I would recommend consulting a lawyers about
> your "license [being] written in such a way that if..." because
> copyright is not defined by file but by the work -- which may be
> equivalent or not.
>
> Enough of this for me, it gives me headaches, and when it comes to
> legal matters the less I know often the better off I am,
> Lloyd

It is not in the interests of the FSF to untangle legal uncertainties, of
which I understand there to be a vast number.

Here is an interesting concept. (IANAL)

One of the best ways to license your own products developed in a black box
might be to also introduce uncertainties.

Having a very strict clearly worded license could give more room for
creative interpretation.

Yes I will be consulting my lawyer