[wp-hackers] Signup form/post form outside of wp-admin

Paul Menard codehooligans at codehooligans.com
Fri Mar 24 14:12:02 GMT 2006

Greeting all,

Long time reader first time poster.

I have a client that want to allow users to signup for comments and
allow access to create their own post entries. I know I can turn on
the option to allow sometime who registers to also create content
(content author). After discussing this with the client though they
do not want the user to need to access the WP admin section to create
these post. In other words they would like a simple form hosted
external that will allow the person to sign-on and create the post.

So my question to the group is. Is this possible without too much
effort? Has anyone done something like this before that I can
possibly use as a starting point?

Thanks for all possible replies.

Paul