[wp-hackers] Porting Wordpress to PostgreSQL

Matt Mullenweg m at mullenweg.com
Tue Mar 21 07:50:00 GMT 2006

Matt Galvin wrote:
> Is there currently an effort (or a plan) to get WP working with post?

At this point it's unlikely that we'll officially support any other
databases besides MySQL becuse (a) doing so is a lot harder than just
swapping out ezSQL and (b) it increases the testing and support costs
quite a bit.

That said, as Ryan indicated we are making improvements to the schema
and such that may incidentally help out people porting WP to alternative
databases.

--
Matt Mullenweg
http://automattic.com | http://akismet.com