[wp-hackers] Community Views on Now and the Future

Ryan Boren ryan at boren.nu
Fri Mar 10 22:33:23 GMT 2006

Podz wrote:
> Where is the harm in giving a release day ? I don't mean in advance, I
> don't mean several months before. I DO mean when the code has been
> judged to be solid enough.

I gave a target release and set a milestone earlier, but we had to slip
due to a last minute bug and lack of testing feedback.  Such is the way
it goes.

> Why not?
> After all, at the moment the devs did that you could all have sat back,
> breathed a deep sigh and looked forward to a weekend off.

Are you being rhetorical?  Everyone who was actually contributing to
getting the release out had already finished their parts and signed off.

> Right at that
> point someone may have been patching something. Others may have been
> upgrading to 2.0.1. So why not say?

When the release was ready, it was announced.

> Can't the devs see that is actions like this that demonstrate a lot of
> the attitude that people like me see and dislike ?

People ascribe a lot to us.  Most of it is FUD and it gets very old.  I
wish people would look at their own attitudes on occasion.  Do you think
I like the constant complaints?

> Whatever. Like a damn thing will change.

Things are changing all the time.  We've gone through alot of change in
the development process and community in the past few months, as was
attested earlier in this thread.

Ryan