[wp-hackers] Community Views on Now and the Future

Roy Schestowitz r at schestowitz.com
Fri Mar 10 12:28:21 GMT 2006

___/ On Fri 10 Mar 2006 12:10:49 GMT, [ Jason S. ] wrote : \___

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> ___/ On Fri 10 Mar 2006 10:21:19 GMT, [ Podz ] wrote : \___
>>> Matt - maybe let someone know? Please? We are a fairly important little
>>> cog in this you know. Yes?
>>
>> It's now out. Someone has Dugg it already.
>>
>> http://wordpress.org/development/2006/03/security-202/
>
> Roy,
>
> He's aware it's out.
> The point was that Podz found out on his own.
> NO ONE was informed of this release, which would help people like Podz
> and co. prepare.
> I only know it came out because of the version bump checkin.
>
> I have yet to even read the WP dev blog yet.
>
> Something like:
> Even if Matt were to just come in and say:
> "Hey gang, WP 2.0.2 is going to get it's version bump in 24 hours, and
> there shouldn't be any more fixes/checkins until then."
>
> Simple, quick, and informative.
> That's all Podz is asking.
> (I think.  Maybe he'd like a *little* more than that.)

You're  right. I missed that point entirely because Podz was succinct  and
almost cryptic. Either way, I guess we ought to Digg this story so that it
makes the front page.

http://digg.com/software/WordPress_2.0.2_Security_Release

Judging  by  the pace of increments, many people will remain in the  dark,
which is worrisome. The least I could do was to bind a comment.

With kind regards,

Roy

--
Roy S. Schestowitz      | "World ends in five minutes - please log out"
12:20pm  up 2 days  4:57,  7 users,  load average: 0.22, 0.53, 0.65