[wp-hackers] AJAX

David Chait davebytes at comcast.net
Thu Jun 29 20:13:29 GMT 2006

Just to add to this, many of the examples of 'decoration' are DOM+JS, and
NOT Ajax.  Using JS for 'decoration' is extremely useful.  Effects and
animation make the interface richer, easier to understand, draw the eye to
important elements, etc.

Also, a portion of what is called Ajax these days is really Ajah (that is,
html body, not repackaging everything into xml...).  There's actually a
handful of different approaches to using JS for client-server exchange, so
Ajax really is over-used even within its 'sphere'...

But after that exchange, it's back to plain JS to play with the elements,
plus basic HTML, CSS, graphics, etc., to make things interesting when
'static'.  The exchange is only one piece of the equation of JS interfaces,
and yes it's the part that makes it Ajax or Ajah or Jah or whatever...
But, let's not accidentally label JS effects as Ajax... ;)

-d