[wp-hackers] WordPress 2.0.3 Tuneup Plugin

Mark Jaquith mark.wordpress at txfx.net
Sat Jun 3 09:59:27 GMT 2006

On Jun 3, 2006, at 1:35 AM, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Ryan  announced the availability of a candidate on the 31st of
> May,  IIRC.
> This  was  posted  to  wp-testers, but there  was  no  apparent
> response.
> Therefore, I doubt many people bothered to 'knock' on it.

IIRC, the message was posted in the evening, and WP 2.0.3 was
released early the next morning.  It's not a matter of people not
bothering... more a matter of them waking up, reading their e-mail,
and realizing that it had already been released.  It was a wholly
inadequate amount of time for people to test out the release.  What
we need is the following:

- announcement on wp-hackers and wp-testers about availability of a
release candidate.  This should represent Matt and Ryan's proposed
final version.
- people should install it as soon as they can, and report any
critical bugs.  Matt and Ryan need to make themselves available
during this time to screen the bug reports and commit the patches.
- once people have been running the release candidate for a period of
not less than 72 hours, and are happy with it, it should be released.

--
Mark Jaquith
http://txfx.net/