[wp-hackers] Comment Moderation

Jamie Holly hovercrafter at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 31 18:14:02 GMT 2006

I am trying to come up with a method to allow certain users to edit comments
on any post. These people will be "comment moderators". They should have
access to only editing and deleting of comments on any post.

I have been trying to come up with a method to do this, short of writing a
whole plugin replicating the comment editing functions set to a user_cap of
comment_moderation. I have tried playing with the user_has_cap filter, but
am reaching a dead end in coming up with a way to get the manage->comments
menu/screen to pop up for these people.

I figured I would ask the great minds here to see if anyone has any idea on
an easier way of doing this then re-inventing (or copying and pasting) the
comment editing functions.

Jamie Holly
http://www.intoxination.net