[wp-hackers] Why use invalid attributes in TinyMCE?

Austin Matzko if.website at gmail.com
Sun Jul 23 02:56:50 GMT 2006

I was just helping someone straighten out the styling on his WordPress
blog, where the problem in Firefox seemed to lie in his use of the
deprecated "align" attribute.  He pointed out that it was generated by
TinyMCE, which I'd never noticed (not being a big WYSIWYG user).

I'm not a standards Nazi, and I realize TinyMCE is an independent
project from WP.  But since right on the home page WordPress claims a
focus on web standards, we're talking about a deprecated attribute
that causes problems, and valid markup seems like an easy
substitution, is there nothing we can do?