[wp-hackers] phps for plugins

Aaron Brazell emmensetech at gmail.com
Mon Jul 17 23:21:06 GMT 2006

On 7/17/06, Computer Guru <computerguru at neosmart.net> wrote:

> Now my question is, is this the 'preferred way' or is it more preferable
> to save it as plain-text files that can be downloaded straight to the
> plugins directory?
>

> For example,
> http://neosmart.net/downloads/software/WordPress/Plugins/CompleteRSS.phps
>
> It's a _lot_ easier on the eyes, but if anyone were to save the target and
> upload, it wouldn't work since it's formatted HTML, not PHP.
>

> What's the right way?

Well, anyone copying code from the internet _should_ be pasting into a plain
text editor or IDE... which isn't going to copy HTML formatting.

But to answer your question, I prefer plugins to be .php files zipped up. I
don't want to work. I'm lazy like that. Give me a zip or a tarball that I
can open and drag the files to my SFTP client and I'll be happy.

I'd tend to think most people are like me in this regard, but I can only
speak for myself.
--
Aaron Brazell
Author & Blogger, http://technosailor.com