[wp-hackers] wp-cache2 performance (was apache 2.2.2 upgrade)

Angsuman Chakraborty angsuman at taragana.com
Sat Jul 15 16:38:20 GMT 2006

I haven't explored into WP's caching mechanism. So my statement of similarity was restricted to the fact that they both (wp2 & wp cache 2) use caching. I now realize they employ pretty different methods.

My test configuration was:
Web Server machine & clients:
Pentium 4 1.8Ghz running on 256MB RAM.
No special configuration or optimization was done other than increasing the threads on Apache server to 250.
I am using a custom theme with lots of plugins. You can see it working at http://test.taragana.net/

I am very much interested to see someone repeat the test in a better configuration and compare the results.

The difference I observed was statistically significant. I can get more data on Monday if you are interested.

Best,
Angsuman

Simple Thoughts <http://blog.taragana.com/>   Hot Computer Jobs