[wp-hackers] hooks on the Loop

Andy Skelton skeltoac at gmail.com
Wed Jul 12 17:56:01 GMT 2006

On 7/12/06, Aaron Brazell <emmensetech at gmail.com> wrote:
> My problem is that every single one of these Loops is vastly different and
> will have vastly different criteria for selection.
>
> With that said, any advice on how to best tackle this?

Yeah. Grab the posts_request filter by the neck and swing it around
like you're slaughtering a chicken. Do any preliminary queries you
need to do, or modify the query as needed. Do your best Michael
Jackson Thriller impression, then return the query. WP_Query should
handle the rest. Eenie meenie minie moe, catch the_posts by the toe,
when Israel was in Egypt's land, let the_posts go.

Sorry, too much coffee. :-)

Andy