[wp-hackers] Need more hooks (?)

David Coppit david at coppit.org
Mon Jan 23 17:56:51 GMT 2006

This relates to my "category access" plugin, which restricts posts in
certain categories from certain users.
(http://www.coppit.org/blog/archives/91)

My request is for there to be a call to the list_cats_exclusions filter
from within get_next_post and get_previous_post, similar to the way it's
already done in list_cats.

This way plugin authors can hook list_cats_exclusions and modify the
accessible posts in both the category list and the navigational post
links.

-----------------

In the meantime, is there any way I can intercept next_post_link from the
theme, and modify the category exclusions? Do I have to use some sort of
PHP trick?

Or should I tell users to modify their theme to call
category_access::next_post_link?

Thanks,
David

P.S. Is this the right place for hook requests?

David Coppit                           david at coppit.org
The College of William and Mary        http://coppit.org/

"If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research,
would it?" -- Albert Einstein