[wp-hackers] Redundant hooks

Mark Jaquith mark.wordpress at txfx.net
Sun Jan 8 03:19:17 GMT 2006

I'm going through the new hooks in WordPress 2.0 and adding them to
http://wphooks.flatearth.org/ and I stumbled upon two hooks that are
redundant: create_category and add_category.

They're both fired in the same place, right next to each other, and
don't appear anywhere else in the code.  Should one of these be
promoted above the other?  create_category appears to be the one that
is new for WordPress 2.0... was there a reason it was created?

Also, while we're on the topic, I totally want to be in charge of
hooks when we start dividing up the QA stuff.  I'm going to be an
expert on it when I get done with the hooks database.
--
Mark Jaquith
http://txfx.net/