[wp-hackers] comment management

Owen Winkler ringmaster at midnightcircus.com
Wed Jan 4 14:19:22 GMT 2006

Scott Merrill wrote:
> I've long wanted the ability to click _something_ on edit-comments.php
> and be taken straight to that comment, rather than being taken to the
> top post to which the comment is applied and then scrolling down.

That sounds useful.

A small wishlist of related feature improvements:

* Chronological sorting of comments in the listing.  (Or is it just on
my site that these are sometimes out of order?)
* Highlighting new comments since the last time you saw the moderated
comment listing.
* Clicking "No" on the "Are you sure you want to delete this comment?"
page actually does something when coming from an emailed notice.
* Clicking on the emailed "Approve this comment" link takes you to the
comment in the published post instead of the moderated comment listing,
which no longer contains the reviewed comment or a link to the post to
which it is attached.

It would be cool if users with moderate_comments capabilities could see
all of the comments (moderated or no) directly on the site under each
post, and could click on something in the comment itself to approve it
via Ajax.

I'm going to go finish smoking the rest of this crack now.

Owen