[wp-hackers] Data recovery (post_status?)

Mark Jaquith mark.wordpress at txfx.net
Sat Feb 11 22:13:03 GMT 2006

On Feb 11, 2006, at 5:07 PM, David Chait wrote:

> Agreed.  And, with the move to make more things varchar for
> extensibility,
> here's a vote to move post_status away from being an enum.
> post_status=='trash' would probably do fine for this.  or
> ".trash" (would be
> nice to have a convention for hiding certain status 'classes' from the
> normal view queries without explicitly listing the states to
> exclude...).

+1 on all counts, including making comment_approved a varchar.  Note
(important one!): we're going to have to sweep through the code and
make sure that all WP comparisons on post_status or comment_approved
do == comparisons and not != comparisons.  That is, you should be
able to add a new status and have WP just ignore it.  WordPress
should name the statuses it wants to be seeing, not the ones it
doesn't, because that might accidentally include new "custom" statuses.
--
Mark Jaquith
http://txfx.net/