[wp-hackers] Simplicity in 2.next

Scott johnson fuzzygroup at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 20:00:02 GMT 2006

Fwiw I've always found release schedules incredibly valuable planning
tools.  Just picking a date -- generally an early one -- causes things to
catalyze and start to gel.  Imho dates are both magically powerful and
magically delicious.

Scott

On 2/8/06, Ryan Boren <ryan at boren.nu> wrote:

> On Wed, 2006-02-08 at 14:10 +0000, David House wrote:
> > On 08/02/06, Ryan Duff <ryan at ryanduff.net> wrote:
> > > Advance notifications would be nice. Oh wait, I guess your logic is
> most
> > > plugin authors don't follow the hackers list, therefore, why make an
> > > announcement or have a public beta so they can fix things.
> >
> > We could have a mailing list for plugin authors to subscribe to that
> > only posted preview release announcements. Or, we could put it on the
> > devblog with a big disclaimer: 'do not actually install, for plugin
> > authors only'.
>
> We do need to do better with release planning, but the beta and RC cycle
> for 2.0 was months long and several announcements were made.  The RC
> was announced on the dev blog.  Several announcements were made to the
> testers list.  The weekly IRC meetup discussed the releases.
>
> For 2.1, we need to try to nail down a release schedule.  The schedule
> can always be changed if needed, but having even a moving target is
> nice.
>
> Ryan

J. Scott Johnson
Ookles launches 2/28/06 - have you signed up yet?
new startup: http://ookles.com/
blog: http://fuzzyblog.com/
podcast: http://techwarstories.com/
fuzzygroup at gmail.com