[wp-hackers] Bizarre /cache/ experience with wp_object_cache.lock

Aaron Brazell aaron at technosailor.com
Fri Feb 3 23:37:31 GMT 2006

> You can't really use options from the cache because the cache is loaded
> before everything except wpdb.  You could do a direct SELECT, but
> get_option() is not available.
>
> Maybe we should simply disable persistent caching by default and let
> those who want it and know they can use it turn it on.  I'm getting
> tired of working around safe_mode and all of the other issues.
>
> Ryan

Hear, hear. I for one have disabled it on all of the blogs I use and/or
maintain because it has given me nothing but headaches. Then, coming from
the perspective of a blogging network that has had a number of server
issues, once you get into moving directories and/or servers it causes more
than the average amount of heartburn.

-aaron