[wp-hackers] A Link popup selector plugin

Paul Menard codehooligans at codehooligans.com
Fri Dec 15 15:23:49 GMT 2006

Greetings all and Happy Friday!

So I received a request from a client this week and have been doing
some digging. The request was to provide some facility in the Post/
Pages editor screen to ad links to other entries. The concept here is
the user clicks on some toolbar icon like the current link icon on
the tinymce WYSIWYG. Instead of just asking for the link the user
would actually be able to select the link from Post/Pages/Links. Wow
what a novel idea. For the non-technical person the act of adding a
link to a page means they have to first get the link from an existing
page or whatever and past it into the link popup. Again I think this
is a great solution so I'm starting to think about some plugin/
extension to tinymce.

Just wondering if someone has seen or possibly created something
similar before I try and reinvent the wheel. I've gone through the
tinymce code and see that I can override the 'insertlink_callback'
option and basically define my own popup code. Just wondering if
someone has maybe gone down this road before me. If not no problem.