[wp-hackers] RSS/Atom Feed Article Categories Gone

Dan Kuykendall dan at kuykendall.org
Thu Dec 14 00:19:35 GMT 2006

I think major plugin authors *should* be paying attention and making
sure their plugin is compatible with all the changes in 2.1

I did so with podpress, found some problems and a number of great new
structure/features that I was able to leverage.

btw, I had problems with category data in feeds as well, but found that
is_category() just seems screwed up and I just worked around that with
no problem so my categoryCasting feature works.

Michael B wrote:
> Forgive me ignorance, but 2.1 isn't even beta yet, why the rush to have a
> plugin author *fix* a plugin for a version that's not final?
>
> ~miklb
>

> On 12/13/06, Computer Guru <computerguru at neosmart.net> wrote:
>>
>> Nevermind my last message, I've pinned it down.
>>
>> UTW. For some reason, it breaks category-listing in RSS feeds in 2.1..
>> I'm
>> emailing Christine right now (is she subscribed to WP-Hackers?), so it's
>> not
>> a 2.1 bug, unless of course, there's some glitch in 2.1 that screws up
>> the
>> otherwise picture-perfect UTW support.
>>
>> Computer Guru
>> NeoSmart Technologies
>> http://neosmart.net/blog/

Dan Kuykendall (aka Seek3r)
http://www.mightyseek.com

In God we trust, all others we virus scan.
Programmer - an organism that turns coffee into software.