[wp-hackers] Lyceum integration

Mark Jaquith mark.wordpress at txfx.net
Thu Aug 10 10:12:28 GMT 2006

On Aug 10, 2006, at 3:57 AM, Ryan Boren wrote:

> WP does have some unofficial multiple blog capability. Turning that
> into an MU light wouldn't take a whole lot, but nobody has been
> interested enough to make it happen. It could probably be done as a
> plugin.
>
> Often times those wanting multiple personal blogs simply architect
> their single blog to fit their needs or use WP's under-the-covers
> multi-blog support.

I've used this for a few clients who wanted to share login info and
user profiles across a few sites.  It requires WP table and MySQL
knowledge, and some code, depending on how you want permissions to
work.  I've actually been kicking around a few ideas for making this
into a plugin to make things like copying permissions from one blog
to another doable without custom MySQL queries.  This would be
strictly for the 2-10 blog market.  Anything more and it's time to
look at MU.

With any luck, a client will require it, and I'll get paid to write
the plugin, which I'll push for being a GPL affair, but until then,
if you'd like to contact me off-list, I can point you in the right
direction.

--
Mark Jaquith
http://txfx.net/