[wp-hackers] New Default Theme For 2.1 (sandbox)

Michael B miklb.online at gmail.com
Tue Aug 8 02:31:12 GMT 2006

On 8/7/06, Scott Allan Wallick <swallick at gmail.com> wrote:

> Not yet, but it seems the winds are blowing in the direction of the Codex,

which is probably best. Please feel free to send them along to me directly.
> I'll share the details of the page as soon as I have it together. A little
> content makes writing it much easier. ;-)
>
> Thanks,
>
> scott

Why is that?  Is it a done deal then that Sandbox is going to be the next
default theme?  Otherwise, they should simply be listed like anyother theme,
IMO, but not the "official" home of it.  My opinion, of course.  Otherwise,
any theme maker can start using the codex for their theme's home, unless
that's already allowed.

I've already  voiced my concern with making a theme default that has it's
own functions built in, but  it looks as if it's falling of deaf ears.

Please do not take that as a slight of the quality of work and forthought
that has gone into the theme, I think it's a great idea, just a support
forums nightmare.

~miklb