[wp-hackers] A Question On Plugins

Viper007Bond lists at viper007bond.com
Tue Apr 25 10:49:18 GMT 2006

http://codex.wordpress.org/Creating_Tables_with_Plugins

I have yet to code a plugin that uses it's own table (I prefer to store
my data in a big array in the options table), but I'd probably
personally avoid using the action hook as from you found out, it doesn't
always work for one reason or another.

So, the only other way I can think of is checking every time the plugin
is used (not on every page load) and only once per page. Either that,
using an option value to record that the table's been made. But of
course both of those make a query occur, so it's kinda up to you.

-Viper