[wp-hackers] A Question On Plugins

Andy Staines andy at yellowswordfish.com
Tue Apr 25 08:30:29 GMT 2006

I know you guys are in the middle of a big security conference but
can a relatively newbie plugin author - struggling to find
documentation to help him - ask a question or two? And - is this the
right place to be asking?

One of my plugins requires two tables to be created. I coded this up
as a process in the 'activate' plugin hook. But for at least two
people (and maybe more) when they have activated the plugin, the
tables have not been set up. They are administrators of their blogs.

Is this the 'right' way to ensure tables get created or is there a
better hook to use? And, if so, any ideas why it should fail?

regards
Andy
www.yellowswordfish.com