[wp-hackers] Preview template

Chris Lott chris.lott at gmail.com
Sat Apr 15 16:58:02 GMT 2006

On 4/14/06, Kaf Oseo <kaf at szub.net> wrote:
> Who's for adding a preview.php to the template hierarchy? I'm itching
> to add something barely useful to the core today...

Coming late, but this seems of marginal value. The delay in the
in-line preview is irksome at times (especially if your main template
uses a lot of rendered content), but it is exact. The difference
between the WYSIWYG editing area and a separate preview template
doesn't seem like it's worth that much-- some leading, etc. I guess if
one posts a lot of inline images and has a fixed width design and
perhaps is *really* obsessive about seeing the precise
font/leading/sizes beforehand...

At the very least it seems like plugin territory.