[wp-hackers] a plugin of a theme's own

Jason Bainbridge jbainbridge at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 14:34:27 GMT 2005

On 9/20/05, Trevor Turk <trevorturk at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I think the idea is that themes which make use of a
> lot of plugins, like k2, benefit from this because it
> makes it much easier to get things up and running the
> way the theme designer intended.
>
> Now, I understand the point that convenience features
> shouldn't always be included, but I think that the
> goal of making themes more flexible, powerful, and
> easier to install is a worthy one.

It sounds like this would be better served by a new container (for
lack of a better term) that contains both a theme and plugins, now of
course you can do that manually now but wouldn't such a container fit
better in the WP framework than mixing plugins/functions in with
themes?

Regards,
--
Jason Bainbridge