[wp-hackers] Hello, question on $_GET values with plugins

Ryan M. Williams domhnull at ryanmwilliams.com
Thu Sep 15 14:37:49 GMT 2005

Hi all, I just joined the list because I've been working on some
WordPress plugins.  It's been going well but I've run into a small issue
I could use help with.

My plugin has an administrative interface under Manage which displays
data from its table.  It is essentially the same sort of interface as
the Manage Posts page.  Like that page I want to have hyperlinks 'Edit'
and 'Delete'.  So the url would include something like '?gbedit=1' where
the number is the id number of the entry I want to edit.  If I just do
that though I end up with an url: WPURL/edit.php?gbedit=1  Adding the
plugin filename ends up with WPURL/wp-admin/plugin.php?gbedit=1  None of
those work of course.

It seems like this should be simple enough but I'm having trouble
finding out the answer.  $_POST values are easy but I'm just not sure
what to do to pass the variable on the URL so that my plugin will get
that value.

Any help will be appreciated.

thanks,
Ryan